SAP-1 Complete!

ProjectsPublished March 11, 2010 at 12:22 am 7 Comments

Whew! Been a pretty damn busy week! Ignoring all of the family stuff, I managed to finish (and do decent jobs) on both my Digital Architecture and Discrete Math finals. I also finished my quarter-long DA project, building the SAP-1 using Logisim! :D I went through the trouble to create a video walk-through demo for it, as I figure someone out there might be interested/want to check it out.

Here’s the walk-through:

If you want to get a copy of my data, grap this zip file here!

7 Comments to “SAP-1 Complete!”
  1. Hamza Manya says:

Hello!!!! I wached your video. Nice job!!!! I am making the SAP-I processor pysically as my term project & I require your help. Can you please email me the source from where you collected the information & email me any material that you already have, like block diagrams, internal diagrams, working e.t.c. I’ll be most gratful. Looking forward to hearing from you soon & thanking you in advance.

2. Hamza Manya says:

P.S. I already downloaded the ZIP folder

3. jennnnnnn says:

thanks for sharing! really great! keep up d good work!.. :) Godbless…….

4. momo says:

THX for sharing! can you help me in my project in SAP1? i was told to put other logical operations in SAP1 like RAR and RAL, etc…please do message me if you have the time… my email address is momolablab@yahoo.com thx :D

5. Tom says:

I found a few errors in your “sap1program” file. The correct image file should be:

v2.0 raw
    08 19 2a e0 f0 00 00 00
    05 0b 06 00 00 00 00 00

Your readme.txt file is also affected by the correction… it should say:

“So the program is as follows:

O8 19 2A E0 F0”

That gives a correct output of $0A rather than $A0, which is incorrect (for 5 + 11 – 6).

6. vivien says:

Hi! Thanks for sharing this. I’m wondering if you can help me enhance the SAP-1 architecture by adding instructions like MUL (multiply), ADC (add with carry) and SBB (subtract with borrow). That’s also for our school project and i dont know how and where to place the additional components in the SAP 1 architecture. I hope you can help me with my problem. :( Thank you! :D

7. Manongpranz says:

Thank You!!! very much the sap-1 simulation in proteus 8 was so complicated to understand thanks to this one. You just save me from my final project. :D :D :D